My husband made some awesome chicken chili last week and I made some cornbread to go along with it. I adapted a recipe I had printed off a long time ago and decided to kick it up a notch with some fresh jalapenos. It turned out really yummy and was great with our chicken chili. I didn't get any pictures of the chili, but will be sure to get some next time he makes it. It was so good!
Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup organic sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups self rising yellow cornmeal mix
1/2 cup corn ( I used about half a can of organic corn)
1 medium to large fresh jalapeno, chopped (you can use the seeds or remove them depending on how spicy you want it)
Dash of cayenne pepper
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Beat the egg and sugar in a medium bowl.
3.Add the salt, cayenne pepper, buttermilk, melted butter, and cornmeal and beat for about 30 secs.
4. Fold in the corn and the jalapeno.
5.Pour into a seasoned cast iron pan and bake for about 25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Recipe source:adapted from The Big Book of Breakfast, pg. 290.
No comments:
Post a Comment