Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Heaven on a plate"- Pumpkin Pie Crunch


I love all things pumpkin. And this dessert is no exception.  It's been a holiday family favorite for many years and it's really easy to make! I made it for our work Thanksgiving lunch last week and according to one of my co-workers, it was "heaven on a plate." The pecans are the most expensive ingredient but well worth it!

Combine in a large bowl:
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin-(I've only ever seen 15 oz and that works fine)
1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt

Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with 1 box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe yellow cake mix. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chopped pecans. Drizzle with 1 cup of melted butter.  Bake at 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown. Served with whipped topping. Refridgerate leftovers.

Note: I'm not a calorie counter. But if you are, this is probably like 80% of your daily limit.  But it's the holidays and it's ok to indulge a little..or maybe a lot :) 

Print Friendly and PDF

Recipe source: Judy Roche of Hendersonville, TN (a lady my mom knew through her work)

No comments:

Post a Comment