Friday, November 25, 2011

So many things to be thankful for!


I am so thankful that I was able to come to my parents house for a few days and spend time with my family.  We've had such a wonderful time!  I'm lucky to have such great parents and relatives.  I'm thankful that we were able to make and share such a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. Everything was so good! I forgot to take pictures of our amazing dinner, but at least I got some of the desserts!  I helped with different dishes and made a pumpkin cheesecake. We also had my Grandmas's famous pineapple squares and banana pudding, along with some mini pumpkin pies that my cousin's girlfriend's mom made. It was such a great day. Hope everyone else had as great a Thanksgiving as I did!

                      Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake



Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
5 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. sugar
Filling:
3- 8oz.pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
Whipped Cream

Mix crust ingredients together, just till coated and crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 2/3 up the sides of an 8" springform pan. Bake for 5 min. at 350. Set aside.

Combine cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl, mix until smooth with an electric mixer. add pumpkin eggs, and spices, beat till smooth and creamy. Pour into the crust. Bake for 60-70 min. or till the top turns a bit darker. Remove from oven and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate. After it has thoroughly chilled, remove the pan sides and cut. Serve with whipped cream.

I made whipcream using 1 cup of whipping cream, some powdered sugar (a few tablespoons) and a little bit of vanilla. I forgot my decorating tools so I improvised by putting the whipped cream in a ziplock bag and cutting a hole in one of the corners. I also sprinkled chopped pecans and graham cracker crumbs on the top. 

Recipe source: hubpages.com-orginally posted to recipelink.com by Elly,Ohio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment