Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Almond Crusted Mahi with Sundried Tomato Sauce

This meal is really just something I came up with last week when I didn't feel like making anything with chicken or anything really heavy. I just used a bunch of stuff I had on hand that I thought might go good together. The measurements below are guestimates since I didn't really measure anything out exactly. However, I did get the sundried tomato sauce recipe from Dr. Oz's website and I really liked it. You can serve the fish over couscous, brown rice, or quinoa. I served mine over coucous which is really easy to make. I buy a brand called Near East that has no artificial ingredients and takes less then five minutes to cook.

Ingredients
2 Mahi Filets
1/2 cup to 1 cup crushed almonds (I put our leftover sliced almonds in a ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
salt, pepper, garlic powder-to taste

Sundried Tomato Sauce
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not the ones packed in oil)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions
1.Pre-heat oven to 350
2.Prepare a bowl with the flour (add in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste), a bowl with the egg (can add a little water if you want), and a bowl with the crushed almonds
3.Dip each Mahi Mahi filet into the flour mixture, then the egg, then the almonds
4.Place the filets in a baking dish and bake for about  25-30 mins or until fish is cooked through.

Sundried tomato sauce
1.Add the tomato and garlic to a food processor, then add the rest of the ingredients.
2.Pulse until it comes together, then add in a little bit of water about a tablespoon at a time.The amount of water added will depend on how thick or thin you want the sauce.

Print Friendly and PDF

Recipe source: Harper's Original
Sundried Tomato Sauce:adapted from The Dr. Oz Show

No comments:

Post a Comment