Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

This recipe comes from the Chanticleer Inn, a bed and breakfast I worked at throughout college. It was such a great job and I really enjoyed working there. The breakfast was always great and I have a couple recipes from there that I like to make. The owners are really nice and the atmosphere is so charming. I mainly worked the front desk but sometimes got to help out in the kitchen or prepare some of the breakfast items the night before (the chocolate bread pudding was fun to make!) If you ever need a quiet weekend getaway I highly recommend checking them out. It's right outside of Chattanooga, TN on top of Lookout Mountain.

Ingredients
*I cut the original recipe in half-makes about 6 pancakes
1 cup of flour
1 Tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of salt
pinch of ground nutmeg
1 egg
1 cup of buttermilk
4 tbsp of butter, melted
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking poweder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together into a large bowl.
2. Beat egg in a medium bowl until frothy. Add buttermilk to the egg and beat well. Add buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in 2 Tbsp of the melted butter.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, then grease with some of the remaining butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Sprinkle blueberries on top of each pancake and cook until bubbles start to form.

Flip and cook other side until golden brown.

Print Friendly and PDF

Recipe source: Chanticleer Inn (stayatchanticleer.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment