Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sliders

I like football food more than I like actual football. And for the big game this year, I wanted to make something a little different. I decided to make my own sliders, bread and all. I have also been wanting to try out our new indoor griller that we got for Christmas. It was perfect for my mini burgers. I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen but it was well worth it.  The sliders turned out great! I made mini burger sliders and chili lime chicken sliders. Yum!

Slider Buns

I followed the ingredients and measurements exactly on this since it was my first time making them. Next time I'll add my own twist.

Ingredients
3 tablespoons warm milk
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups bread flour
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

Directions
Combine water, milk, yeast and sugar, let sit until foamy. Beat one egg and set aside. Combine flours and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Add in yeast mixture and egg and stir until dough forms. Add mixture into mixer fitted with dough hook and let run for about 8 minutes or until dough forms into a ball (can also knead by hand but do not add a lot of extra flour even though dough will be slighly stick). Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm dry place for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.


Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough into approximately 16 equal parts (use kitchen scale-mine were 2 oz each).Gently roll each into a ball and arrange two to three inches apart on baking sheet. Cover loosely with a piece of plastic wrap lightly coated in nonstick spray and let buns rise in a warm place for one to two hours.

Whisk second egg with 1 Tbsp of watter. Brush over each roll (cover entirely).

Set a large shallow pan of water on the bottom of the over. Bake rolls at 400 degrees for about 15 mins or until golden brown.

Recipe source: Pardon My Crumbs

Fill each slider with mini burgers or Chili Lime Chicken

Chili Lime Spread
Got this idea from the buffalo chicken dip recipe my friend Angela gave me.  I decided to make a spread instead of the dip.

Ingredients
1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of Franks Chili Lime Hot Sauce
1/2-1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
Mix all ingredients together.

Heat spread up in oven or for about a minute or two in the microwave (would probably be fine cold as well). Place shredded chicken pieces on top of spread. Top with pickle slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment