I love black beans. We eat a lot of beans, but I probably use black beans the most. You can make so many things with them. Soup, dip, salsa, burgers, and of course enchiladas just to name a few. I've made some different versions of enchiladas but this time decided to use black beans and chicken. I also used corn tortillas which to me have a really good flavor. Sometimes you just gotta change it up and use something besides the regular flour ones. Fish tacos on corn tortillas are really good too! And anytime I get to use avacado is a plus. I absolutely love them. I guess I just love food in general if you can't tell! For this dish, I really just threw a bunch of stuff together and luckily it turned out.
Ingredients
Corn tortillas (I used 10 total-made a big pan and little one)
Cooked and shredded chicken ( I think I used about 3/4 lb)
1/2 cup of chunky salsa
1 can of reduced sodium black beans, drained
1/2 cup of sour cream, plus more for topping
1 cup of shredded Mexican style cheese, divided
1 tsp of lime juice
1 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 Tbsp of chopped, fresh cilantro
2 cans of red enchilada sauce
Green onions, avacado slices, and hot sauce (Tapatio) for topping
Directions
Pre-heat overn to 350. Mix chicken, salsa, beans, sour cream, 1/2 cup of cheese and rest of ingredients in a large bowl.
Heat up corn tortillas by cooking for a few seconds on each side in a skillet with a little olive oil. Or take about 3-4 at a time and wrap them in a damp papertowel and microwave for about 30 seconds. Heating them helps prevent them from tearing too easily. While tortillas are heating up, cover the bottom of pan with some enchilada sauce. When tortillas are done, fill each one with a few spoonfuls of mixture and place seam side down into pan with enchilada sauce.
Top enchiladas with more enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake for about 20 mins or until cheese is melted and sauce starts to bubble. Top with green onions, avacado, sour cream and hot sauce if desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment