Artichokes are one of those foods that I love but don't really use a whole lot. They're great on pizza, in pasta, and of course spinach artichoke dip. I have actually never cooked with a whole artichoke, but it's on my list :) I bought a jar of marinated artichoke hearts a few weeks ago and finally got around to making something with it. This recipe is pretty easy which I like because I wasn't feeling like making anything too complicated tonight. I even made my own "cream" soup to use in the casserole (the original recipe called for cream of chicken) which was super easy! (recipe I used can be found here) To make a full 9x13 pan, just double the below recipe.
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1 Cup cream soup (you can also use 1 can of cream of chicken soup)
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1 (12 oz jar) artichoke hearts
Garlic powder to taste
1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of pepper
1/2-1 Cup.shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 Cup panko
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2.Drain and roughly chop artichokes reserving the marinade from the jar
3.Arrange artichoke in 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder
3.Arrange artichoke in 8x8 baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder
4. Layer cooked chicken on top
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the creamed soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, cayenne pepper, pepper, and 1/2 tbsp of the reserved marinade liquid.
6. Pour soup mixture on top of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the panko
7. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly

Recipe source: adapted from Cooks.com
5. In a medium bowl, mix together the creamed soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, cayenne pepper, pepper, and 1/2 tbsp of the reserved marinade liquid.
6. Pour soup mixture on top of chicken. Sprinkle with cheese and top with the panko
7. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly

Recipe source: adapted from Cooks.com
Yum! I made chicken casserole before but never with artichokes! Can't wait to try it! Thank you for following my blog. I am your newest follower :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for following!
ReplyDelete