This recipe comes from a cookbook called "The Working Woman's Quick Cookbook," which I bought at a used bookstore for $2.75. It was published back in 1996 by the American Business Women's Association and is basically a collection of favorite recipes from some very sucessful business women around the country. There are also brief stories from women who have taken chances and worked their way to the top as well as some good advice that would apply even in today's social media society. It can be tough trying to cook dinner every night when working a full-time job especially when you work a lot of overtime. But from personal experience, it can be done. The front cover of this particular cookbook says that all the recipes can be made in approximately 30 minutes or less. Plus, they all have the nutritional value listed which is good if you are trying to maintain a balanced diet for you and your family.
If you are looking for some new cookbooks or recipes, I definitely recommend checking out a used bookstore/thriftstore. You can find a ton of new (used) cookbooks for really cheap. Although finding free recipes online is great too, there is just something I like about having actual handheld cookbooks.
*I halved the original recipe
Ingredients
2 1/2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup pecans, ground (I used my food processor to grind them up)
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1/2 Tbsp paprika
3/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk ( I used fat free)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
chopped pecans
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2.Melt the butter in a baking dish and remove from the oven. (I used my medium size corningware dish that my grandma gave me..an 8x8 would probably work well. The original recipe said a 9x13 which is for 8 chicken breasts)
3.Combine the flour, ground pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and mix well
4.Combine the egg and buttermilk in a shallow bowl and mix well
5. Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Dip the chicken in egg mixture to coat and dredge in the flour mixture. Place in the baking dish, turning to coat with the butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans
6. Bake for 30 mins or until cooked through

Recipe Source: "The Working Woman's Quick Cookbook" pg. 111- recipe submitted by Connie Loesch Cargin
*note: the cookbook states that these are a collection of favorite recipes, which are not necessarily original recipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment