Friday, June 29, 2012

Beef and Potato Skillet with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce


Every once in a while I'll be nice and make a steak dish for my husband :). I love roasted red peppers, so I thought this might be good. I wound up adding a little more pepper then called for and also added some garlic powder as I felt it was a little bland when I tested it. You may need to play around a little with the spices.  I also used thyme instead of tarragon since we didn't have that herb in our garden and I couldn't find it at the grocery store. For someone who doesn't really eat a lot of red meat, this dish was actually pretty good. I'm sure my husband was glad that I finally made something besides chicken or a vegetarian dish.

Ingredients
1  jar (7 or 7.25 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained (I couldn't find a jar that small so I used a little over half of a 16 oz jar)
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup half-and-half
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 to 5 small potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 small onion, diced 
1lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder                                          
1 12 oz bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 tsp fresh thyme

Directions
1.Blend together the roasted red pepper, garlic clove, and the half and half in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
2. In deep 10 or 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and onion. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
3 In same skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Season beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.
4 Add broccoli and potatoes. Pour reserved red pepper sauce over mixture; gently toss to coat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with thyme.

Print Friendly and PDF

Recipe source:Betty Crocker

No comments:

Post a Comment