Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Food

I wanted to make this post earlier this week, but our family dog Buck, had to be put to sleep on Tuesday so I've been a little down in the dumps. He was a really great pet, and we will all miss him.


Ok, so on to less depressing things. One of my family's Christmas traditions is my dad cooking a big breakfast.  It's one of my favorite things about Christmas day.  We are lucky we were all able to be together and have such yummy food to eat. Another thing my dad and I do (at least for the past few years) is to have a Bloody Mary. I never used to really like these, but my Dad makes them taste really good! So, for breakfast we have eggs, biscuits and gravy, grits, sausage and bacon.  And this year we used some hot sauce left from our wedding. I love it!



Having our families living in different cities is hard. Last year and this year, we spent Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day at my parents and then drove back to Chattanooga and had Christmas dinner with Nathan's family. The thing I hate the most is losing an hour on the drive back! I'm glad we got to spend the holiday with both families though.  For dinner we had twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, 7 layer salad, broccoli casserole, rolls, ham, fruit cocktail and then some yummy desserts!

(Isabella is ready to eat!)

Just want to say thank you to my parents, siblings, and my in-laws for all of the gifts and a memorable holiday. I love all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Melissa! I made the Taco Vege Soup for Christmas Eve and it was wonderful! We make it all the time though! Love you! Aunt E

    ReplyDelete