This is one of my go to appetizers to bring to potlucks and parties. I actually organized a potluck lunch at work today and brought this along with some rosemary lemon chicken and some christmas cookies. It's a really random mix I know, but that's what's fun about potlucks! You get to bring what you want and then try a little bit of everything. My mom used to make these growing up. I remember when she would make them to take to her Bunko games and we weren't supposed to eat them, but I would bug her until I got a few pieces :) They are just so good and addictive! They don't really have a name but I just call them Salsa Creemcheese Rollups-because that's exactly what they are!
Ingredients
1 block of creamcheese-softened
Flour tortillas-burrito size (get ones without hydrongenated oil! Almost every single brand one at the grocery store has it, which sucks! I usually get mine at Earthfare)
Salsa-I use Pace brand in Mild
Shredded cheddar cheese (about a handful)
Chopped green onion or chives (small handful)
cumin
salt
pepper
garlic powder
Tony's Creole Seasoning (should be in a green can-most grocery stores should have it)
Directions
Mix together creamcheese and a little salsa with an electric mixer. Start out with just a little salsa and add more as needed. There's really no specific measurement. I usually use less than half the jar depending on the size. Add in shredded cheese, green onion or chives, and spices. Again, no specific measurements. Just a couple shakes of the spices. Taste testing as you go works best :) Once mixed together, spread evenly onto tortillas (usually fills about 4 tortillas).
Rollup up and then place seam side down on a cutting board. I like to put mine in the fridge for a little bit. They are easier to cut that way. When ready to cut, slice off the very ends and cut into about 1 inch pieces.
These taste the best the day you make them, but I've eaten leftovers a day or 2 later.
No comments:
Post a Comment