There's nothing like a good bowl of hot homemade soup on a cold night. This recipe comes from my super awesome Grandma and it's always a hit! It's definitely a family favorite. It's really easy to make and it feeds about 8 people so it's great for any kind of get together. And I know I said I don't really eat pork, but the sausage really gives this soup some flavor.
Ingredients
1 pkg of Italian Sausage (mild or hot)
2 cans of beef broth
2 cans of enchilada sauce
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of vegetable soup
2 cans of water
1 pkg of taco seasoning
Fresh or frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash-just about anything will do)
Directions
Remove skins from sausage and brown with some onion in a large pot (make sure sausage is broken up into smaller pieces). Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about an hour or two. Serve over corn chips or tortilla chips & top with shredded cheddar cheese

Recipe source: My Grandma :)
No comments:
Post a Comment