There are so many things you can make with the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packet. It's easy to use and adds a kick of flavor to a variety of foods. But it's just as easy to make your own! And you can control the amount of salt you put into it. The recipe I based mine off of called for dried Buttermilk which I had never used before. My regular grocery store didn't have it, but I found some at The Fresh Market. You can use it to bake other things too, so I'll have other uses for it besides the ranch.
I wanted to make something really good for after Lent and decided on ranch burgers. Our acutal first meal after lent, Easter Dinner, we ate at my in-laws. My mother-in-law made ham but since she knows I don't really eat ham or pork, she bought me a turkey which was really good! On Monday I made the burgers and used the ranch seasoning. We also decided to try some grass fed beef we bought at Earthfare. And I made some homemade buns. They were a bit of work but were sooo good!
Ingredients
1/3 cup dry Buttermilk
1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Parsely
1 tsp dried Dill Weed
1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Onion Flakes
3/4 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
Directions
Put all ingredients into food processor and pulse until smooth and well combined. Store in an air-tight container. I put mine in the refridgerator since the dry buttermilk says it is supposed to be refridgerated after opening.
Recipe Source: Adapted from What's Gabby Cooking

No comments:
Post a Comment