My husband won an iPad from his work a few weeks ago and I've been checking out all kinds of apps. I actually don't even own a smartphone so this has been kinda fun for me! Anyways, I downloaded the Wholefoods app for some good recipe ideas and I love it. You can customize it really easily and it has all kinds of healthy dishes. I did a search for squash since we had some we needed to use and found my inspiration for this. The original recipe used Parmesan cheese and had a tomato sauce with it, but I tweaked it a little and used Mozarella cheese and just did without the sauce since I didn't have any sundried tomatoes. I am a huge pesto lover so I really liked these! I can't wait to start growing our own squash in a few weeks!
Ingredients
1-2 medium yellow squash (can use zucchini as well)
1/2 cup of panko1/2 cup of homemade or storebought basil pesto
handful of Mozarella cheese for topping
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1.Pre-heat oven to 425
2.Prepare a bowl with the pesto and a bowl with the panko (add salt and pepper if desired)
3.Cut squash into 1/2 inch slices
4.Dip squash slices into pesto then into panko
5.Place on baking sheet and top with shredded Mozarella
6.Bake for 20-30 mins or until cheese is melted
These can be served hot or at room temperature.

Recipe source: adapted from Wholefoods

No comments:
Post a Comment