Friday, March 2, 2012

Whole Wheat Pasta with Guacamole Sauce


If I could take one food item to a deserted island, I would take a bunch of avacados. They're full of healthy fat, easy to eat, and just plain good. Anyways, I always like finding new ways to use avacaods, but I still think I could eat guacamole every day for the rest of my life and never get sick of it. I saw an idea for this dish awhile back (on Pinterest I think) and decided I wanted to try it. Plus, Bi-Lo had avacados on sale for $1 a piece which is a really good price so I totally stocked up. I don't remember exactly where the recipe came from and I didn't look for it when I made this. I just came up with my own version.  It's literally just a really creamy guacamole served with pasta. 

Ingredients
1 medium avacado
1 Tbsp of lime juice (use a little less if you don't like a strong lime flavor)
small handful of fresh cilantro, plus a little for topping
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/4 tsp of kosher salt
1/2 medium jalapeno (with or without seeds, depending on how spicy you want it)
chopped tomatoes for topping
Favorite whole wheat pasta (about 6 ounces or more depending on how many you're serving. Make a double batch of the sauce if you are cooking for a group).

Directions
Blend all ingredients except tomatoes in food processor until smooth and creamy.  Serve over favorite whole wheat pasta (I used eggstyle noodles) and top with tomatoes and a little more cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment